Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And so it begins...

So the insanity that is NaNoWriMo begun yesterday and it's been amazing reading all of the people's excited tweets about writing. The trick is keeping that enthusiasm through the entire month. I'm aiming for 2,000 words a day and I met my goal last night and stopped. Yes, I could have kept writing but I don't want to write myself out on day one. I plan on getting a nice buffer going this weekend. I have to admit it is a little discouraging to see all these 'I wrote 9,000+ words today' posts but I'm happy that people are getting to be so productive. Also, Nanowrimo was #1 trending on twitter yesterday, eeee!!

Anyways, I also read a fantastic blog post yesterday about NaNoWriMo that I wanted to share! It's from Chuck Wendig and it's all about the dos and don'ts of NaNoWriMo. It's a wonderful thing to participate in, but there are some things to realize. You are not going to bang out a novel that's ready to be published on December 1st. As Chuck suggests, consider this a zero draft, a fleshed out outline to help you begin the revision and rewriting process. Realize you are not a loser if you don't win, and that the goal is to write, and be proud of what you are doing.

Anyways, I highly recommend this blog post and all of Chuck's stuff. You can follow him on twitter too (he's hysterical).

How's your noveling going? Word count sound off?

2033!

Last sentence you wrote?

"Well, when I unlock it, it will send out a blade to impale your foot. So just move fast, alright?" he smiled.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a very good job here. I hope you do good in Nana. I left a comment, but it didn't load. Trying again. The last sentence is interesting and hooking. It would be a great beginning to a book. Start strong!

    Draven Ames

    http://dravenames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete